Whatever special event needs celebrating
The memories created when we celebrate together strengthen our family ties and cement our friendships. The births, marriages and deaths of generations have been celebrated through ceremonies that use words, music and dance to express our joy, our sadness and our love.
Today we still celebrate the important events in our lives but as modern life becomes more complex, we have even more opportunities to celebrate:
- as well as welcoming a new baby into our families, children can be adopted or two families come together when a new relationship blossoms
- adults change their names and want to express what that means for their future hopes and dreams
- we can publicly declare love and devotion through marriages, civil partnerships or commitment ceremonies
- through a renewal of vows people can once again declare their love and devotion, after many years of marriage or going through a difficult time
- the death of a loved one can be a celebration of their life, who they were and a show of how they continue to be loved by those left behind
Each of these events is experienced on a very personal level and for the ceremony to be meaningful it has to be tailored to you: it should reflect the people you are, your wishes and beliefs.
Traditional ceremonies can be formulaic and prescribed but as an Independent Celebrant I’ll help you carefully choose the various elements that suit you e.g. readings, poems, music, songs etc. and then I’ll weave those elements together to create a truly personal and beautiful ceremony.
If you have any questions or would just like a chat contact me by clicking here to go to my contact page.